Monday, April 4, 2011

Disney Villains Cake.

So last week was kind of insane in my house - I was making a Disney Villains cake for my parents 40th Birthday. It took a few days and my house was trashed after wards but it was well worth it. The cake came out better than I expected. I am a fairly inexperienced baker so when things turn out well it always surprises me. Plus at about midnight with purple frosting all over me and my kitchen I was DONE with this cake whether it looked good or not! ;) 








Not to be conceited but I think this came out pretty awesome. It was all done in purple buttercream, black buttercream & royal icing black flowers with white centers. The villains I got from a random store online that I can't remember now.. I definitely didn't get all of the villains in there though! 

Bottom cake is yellow cake filled with milk chocolate buttercream. 2nd cake is strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream, top is lemon cake with lemon frosting. My parents loved this cake and it tasted awesome too - or at least I'm assuming it did because it was all gone! 

I also submitted this cake to this really amazing webpage:  Disney Cakes  and it made it on the next day!  


Overall through the stress this cake was a lot of fun to make and even more fun seeing everyone enjoy it. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment