Friday, January 14, 2011

Mini Cupcakes and sprinkles!

My mom asked me to make some type of dessert for my little brothers school - they are having a bake sale so they can get the kindergartners a new sandbox. I decided to bake up some mini cupcakes. I figured most kids like sprinkles - I knew when I was a kid I always picked food items with sprinkles. I didn't even like donuts but I always wanted the one with sprinkles so I decided to incorporate sprinkles in the cake & on top! 

I made a basic white cake threw in some rainbow sprinkles. Here's the recipe:
Classic White Cake

After mixing the cake right before you're about to put it in the cupcake liners toss in some sprinkles - any sprinkles will do. I like rainbow. 
 
with some buttercream icing! 
1/2 c butter
1/2 c shortening
4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp milk (more for thinner icing, less for thicker)

Cream together butter & shortening. Once mixed well - add vanilla. After vanilla is incorporated add sugar - 1 cup at a time - make sure to scrape down the sides and get all the sugar mixed in well. Add milk until you get your desired consistency.  









1 comment:

  1. Cheri these are super cute. They should do very well at the bake sell.

    ReplyDelete