Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nutella & Oreo Cookie Filled Cupcakes

So my boyfriend loves Nutella and I thought that I'd make him something special this week :) plus we're on diets and actually having a competition as to who can lose the weight faster so I had to sabotage him a little with these cupcakes ;) 

I made both a chocolate & vanilla cake because I wasn't sure which would taste better with the Nutella. We also had oreos so I asked my boyfriend to separate them and I used the cookie part in the cupcake. I put a little of the cake batter in the cupcake liner then topped the cookie with nutella and put that in the cupcake and covered it with some more batter filling it 2/3 full. Then baked at 350 deg. for 15 minutes. My oven tends to cook fairly quick so keep that in mind. I frosted the cupcakes with vanilla buttercream because it's my favorite but you could also top it with a nutella frosting -

 Cream together butter & nutella. Add vanilla. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time. Mix thoroughly. Add milk slowly. You may not need all of it. Just add milk until you get the right consistency.






I made these on Halloween so I dyed my frosting purple & orange! and the liners say trick or treat on the bottom. 


These turned out really good & tasted delicious as well. I also used the leftover oreos and put them inside a few cupcakes but those were eaten before I could get a pic! 


You have to try these if you're a nutella fan. 


With Love,
Cheri



No comments:

Post a Comment