Thursday, October 14, 2010

Little Mermaid Cake

For my cousin whose also my best friend's 21st birthday I made her a little mermaid cake. We grew up together watching this movie and we both love it so I was really looking forward to making it for her. 


The cake itself is a french vanilla cake and the filling is rainbow chip frosting by Betty Crocker 
it's both mine & my cousins favorite frosting. We've literally bought it just to eat it out of the tub it's that good. The frosting is my basic buttercream. The shells are made with white chocolate & a shelly candy mold I got at Michaels. I also put some gold edible glitter on the tops of the shells so they shined a little. I covered the cake board with a pink little mermaid wrapping paper. I also made about 24 cupcakes to go with the cake that were in little mermaid liners & topped with flounder & seashell edible icing decorations.

Cupcake liners:

Flounder & Seashell decorations.

I loved making this cake and luckily my cousin loved it too. She told me for her wedding she wants me to make a little mermaid wedding cake topped with Ariel & Eric so hopefully I'll get to do that one day too ;)


With Love,
Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment